Erik Qualman is back again in 2011 for the next installment of the Social Media Revolution videos, based on his book Socialnomics. The song for this video is called Baba Yetu by Christopher Tin and although I like the African sound, I much prefer the Fat Boy Slim tune in his previous videos. Some facts that stood out for me in this video are as follows:
- over 50% of the world population is under 30 years of age.
- this year Facebook topped Google for weekly site traffic.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online | 3 in 5 gay couples meet online.
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook.
- 50% of mobile internet traffic in the U.K is for Facebook.
- eReaders surpassed traditional book sales.
- social gamers buy $6 billion in virtual goods | movie goers only buy $2.5 billion in real goods.
- if Wikipedia was a book, it would have 2.25 million pages & take 125 years to read.
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations.
Catch my previous post on the Social Media Revolution 2! (2010)
Also see the first Social Media Revolution infographic video. (2009)