Similar to Social Media Revolution, an informative infographic video of Social Media activity in 2011.
- 11% of the world population have an account.
- There are more Facebook users (±800mil.) than motor vehicles (±750mil.) in the world.
- 50% of users log-on daily.
- The average user has 130 friends.
- The average user spends 700 minutes per month on Facebook.
- Every 60 seconds: 510 000 posted comments. 293 000 status updates. 136 000 photos uploaded.
- Ferrari sold 5329 cars last year, but gained 5 267 367 fans.
- Facebook accounts for 10% of all mobile data on iPhone's.
- 225 million users.
- 150 million tweets per day, which equates to 1736 per second.
- Highest record of tweets per second is 8900.
- The average user has 115 followers.
- Lady Gaga has the most followers on Twitter: 15 864 378 followers.
- 135 million 'users', which is more than 15x the population of New York City.
- A new member joins LinkedIn every 2 seconds.
- Age of members: 18-24 = 21% | 25-34 = 36% | 35-54 = 36% | 55+ = 7%
- Membership includes executives from every company listed on the Fortune 500.
- 490 million unique visitors.
- 92 000 000 000 page views per month, leading to 700 000 000 playbacks recorded last year.
- 35 hours of video is uploaded per minute.
- "more video is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years."
- Justin B
ie(what's his name)'s, "Baby" video has had over 659 070 256 views.
Flicker: 3500 pictures uploaded per second.
Google+: already has more than 50 million users.
Instagram: more than 150 million photos have been uploaded.
Foursquare: over 2 million check-ins per week.
Smartphone owners are 2x more active on social media than non smart phone owners,
60 % admit to using their devices while in the bathroom and woman (55%)
are more active on social media than men (45%).