Although this information does not take all airlines into account, the data collected is very impressive in favour of Social Media. Some points that stood out for me in this infographic video are as follows:
- 89% of all businesses in 2011 expect to engage in Social Media
- Delta tweets 63.9 times a day
- Delta was the first airline to allow ticket reservations and check-ins via Facebook
- 40% of airlines are actively looking to expand their Social Media teams
- Virgin America receive 96% positive opinion
|For a larger view click here.|
Meet your customers where they are!
See an example of how KLM responded via social media.