The London Bus - a.k.a, the AEC Routemaster is going to be revived. FastCompany.com caught the latest update. London folk will feel proud being part of a new age, a part of modern technology and traveling with hybrid power. That is right, a green friendly public transport system. The new bus will be 40% lighter on fuels and emit 40% less emissions.
An open platform London bus, with the following in mind:
- windows going up the staircases so you can see out the entire time.
- three doors - if the bus is empty they can close doors off for efficient control.
- expected launch is in 2012, just in time for the Olympics.
- prototype building is on the way already in Northern Ireland.
- not sure exactly how many they are producing?
- manufactures are Wrightbus.